Auspex Capital is a financial advisory and boutique investment banking firm who specializes in the restaurant industry. Its target client is a multi-unit restaurant industry entrepreneur that is seeking innovative and professionally crafted solutions from an industry expert with a proven track record of success.
To build long term relationships with restaurant industry entrepreneurs by providing our clients with innovative ideas, comprehensive analysis, value added solutions and flawless execution at every opportunity.
- Founded in 2004
- Based in La Palma, CA
- Staff of seven professionals
- Managing Directors all have a combined 60 years experience in multi-unit retail finance
- No geographic or brand limitations
- Target deal size from $1.0 million to $100 million+
- Primary areas of expertise include senior debt placement, M&A advisory, subordinate/mezzanine debt, bridge loans, sale lease backs, strategic advisory and valuation.
- Predominantly success fee driven engagements
- Structured and placed in excess of $3.6 billion of senior debt since 2004
- Successfully completed more than 125 merger, acquisition, and divestiture assignments since 2004
- Currently on retainer with 11 restaurant companies to provide on going strategic advisory services
- Structured and placed 22 sale leaseback transactions since 2004
- Structured and placed 30+ bridge loans/subordinated debt ranging in size from $50,000 to $3.5 million.
- Auspex has completed 25+ restructuring assignments and its three principals, all of whom have extensive backgrounds in recapitalizing restaurant companies, have, on a combined basis, completed nearly 200 restaurant company debt restructures, both in and outside of bankruptcy
In early 2004, when the principals of Auspex Capital sat down to map out our strategy for success with the venture we were about to launch, the following considerations topped the list:
- Enjoy what we are doing
- Make sure the work is interesting and challenging
- Be the best at what we do
- Always deliver what we say we will
- Develop a reputation for honesty and integrity
- Earn the confidence of our clients
- Earn the respect of our competitors
- Make a lot of money
Make a lot of money came in at the eight spot on the list. It’s not that making a good living is not important to us, it obviously is. It’s just that at Auspex Capital, we believe that if we stay focused on the first seven items on the list, over the long term, the make a lot of money part will take care of itself.